We recommend you download and review the free Information Booklet. It contains valuable advice on how to prepare and includes some sample test questions.
Practice Material for Purchase
Practice material will not be emailed or posted to you. You must access purchased practice material online through your ACER User Account.
1. Practice Test E-Booklet (£20.00)
- Downloadable PDF (watermarked with your name & email address)
- Different questions to those in the free Information Booklet
- Replicates the design of an actual test
- Contains exam preparation tips, as well as annotated answers
- Contains one set of writing tasks (Module 1) and 35 multiple-choice questions for both Module 2 and Module 3
- You may print the booklet up to 2 times
- Unlimited access online for one year from date of purchase
- No circulation of these booklets is permitted
2. Automatically Scored Written English (£20.00)
- Submit two essays addressing two specific prompts, simulating the MSAP Module 1 writing task.
- The essays are automatically scored. A percentile band and a score range are provided to you immediately on submission of both essays. Detailed feedback and critiquing of your writing is not provided. Both essays must be submitted SIMILTANEOUSLY to receive a score.
- The test can be completed once only, per payment.
To enable automatic scoring several hundred responses to the prompts were marked using a criterion-referenced analytical marking guide. Responses were hand marked (double marked and adjudicated where necessary) using the MSAP marking guide. The scores were Rasch analysed and a measurement scale was calibrated. Finally, the scores were loaded to the automatic marking system to create a computer model that replicates manual scoring and can ‘mimic’ the way markers assign scores.
Practice materials are accessible as soon as your payment is successfully received. Instructions on how to access your booklet will be emailed to you once you have made your payment. If you do not receive this email, please check your junk mail folder.
There is only one set of essay prompts available for the Written English Practice Test. Different prompts are not generated for any additional purchases.
Practice materials are not updated annually. If you have purchased practice materials in the past, please email email@example.com to determine if the practice material has changed since your last purchase.
You are not permitted to reproduce this Practice Test in whole or in part by any means, other for than your sole use.
You must agree to having your personal details imprinted on the booklet.
Except as otherwise required by law, no refunds will be given for the purchase of any MSAP preparation materials.
For more information, please refer to the Refund Policy.
To purchase MSAP Practice Tests you must first create an ACER User Account.
Go to: http://registration.acer.edu.au/ and click “sign up here”. Once your account is created, Under the heading 'Assessments' go to 'I want to' next to MSAP UK and select 'Purchase preparation materials'.